Some companies still use recipe formulation spreadsheets to manage ingredient specifications and recipe formulations. This is despite far-reaching changes to the food & beverage industry. Product developers face increasing pressure to bring healthy products to market faster. They must also comply with increasingly complex legislation and continually reduce costs. These conflicting demands make spread-sheets no longer fit for purpose.
Recipe formulation spreadsheets – why you should move on
Today’s world needs a food & beverage focused software solution. This means:
- Everything is in one place and up-to-date.Ingredient, packaging and product specifications, quality information, and recipes.
Technologists in the USA work on a common set of data with their colleagues in Australia, Holland, and France.
- Calculations are automatic and products are continually assessed for compliance with brand, legislative, and other standards.Product developers in USA are able to reduce the sodium content of their products and automatically monitor them against American Heart Association standards.
- You’re confident in your data.You know specifications and certificates are complete and up to date. And you search your entire catalogue in one go.QA officers in New Zealand automatically process PIF specifications and VITAL allergen data, approving the ingredients for use – without the need for any data entry.
Users in the USA have their specification data ‘in order’, anticipating new FDA traceability regulations.
- You develop the best formulation faster.Identify cost and health drivers, experiment with different formulations, and choose the best option.R&D users in Europe use in-built value engineering tools to optimize recipes around different market requirements.
- Control access to your data, and create cross-organisational consistency and business continuity.Spread sheet designers moving on do not set you back.
Users throughout the world benefit from standard software, maintained up-to-date by a central team of experts, and driven by the needs of the global food and beverage industry.
How can Hamilton Grant help?
Hamilton Grant’s Cloud applications provide off-the-shelf formulation management. There are several levels, depending on your ambitions and the complexity of your business.
You discover more about Hamilton Grants formulation management solutions here:
For further information please contact us, or drop an email to email@example.com.